Combat ambience sounds

q&a about making missions in ARMA2, Armed Assault & OFP

Moderator: Sudden Death

Combat ambience sounds

Beitragvon nettrucker am Sonntag 6. Mai 2007, 19:35

:D Hi Everybody
I don't know if this is the right forum section to post this, in contrary case I appologize and ask you to put this topic in the right section of the forum

I'm momentarily working on some combat ambience sounds. I would like to realease some more of them and different ones too in order to release a soundpack of these sounds. This is not a sound replacement pack as for eg. FDF Mod. These sounds can be activated or by triggers or via script
I made just an short example mission where I implemented one of this combatambience sounds. It's not a real mission because it has no intro - outro.
Just unrar it and place it in your user mission folder and give it a try.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

here is the link where to download it:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1220

I hope you like it.
Stay tuned nettrucker :D
nettrucker
Private
Private

Beitragvon Sudden Death am Montag 7. Mai 2007, 10:02

Hi nettrucker,

i think thats the right forum for this.
I´ll give it a try in the next days, hope i´ll find an hour or two to play ArmA.

S.
Nur eine Genie beherrscht das Chaos!
Sudden Death
ARMAMDB-Team
ARMAMDB-Team

Beitragvon nettrucker am Montag 7. Mai 2007, 12:04

Hello Sudden Death

in case you'll find some time just check it out and let me know if this could be something interesting for mission makers and for the community.
thanks
nettrucker :D
nettrucker
Private
Private

Beitragvon Sudden Death am Dienstag 8. Mai 2007, 09:58

these sounds are realy good if there is a large battle near to simulate (f.e. in towns) .

Some things (or problems) i notice:
- sound isn´t playing again after loading a savegame
- ArmA or my soundcard seems to have problems playing a lot of sounds, sometimes i can´t hear my M4 fireing or it has the sound of an AK47. I see that the "combat ambience sounds" is only one track, so i´m a little bit confused about this. I didn´t had this problem playing other ArmA missions.
- the sound is playing always near the player, no direction could be detected (same with sound volume)
- to the end of the mission there are only a few enemies left, but the "firefight" sounds like 50 men.

but these are all facts, that can be improved be the mission maker - you sounds are great.
Maybe you can make some more sound files with less firefights and add a script wich detects the count of enemy and play the file with more or less combat sounds.

Kind regards

S.D.

Hope my english isn´t to confused.
Sudden Death
ARMAMDB-Team
ARMAMDB-Team

Beitragvon nettrucker am Dienstag 8. Mai 2007, 11:34

Hello Sudden Death

Yeah it's true unfortunately when save game occurs the sound's not repeating itself. I guess there I can find a solution. The firepower in this soundfile is too strong for the few unit's I placed but this was just a simple example mission to let everybody hear the sounds. I still developing other sound files. I can make some with less firepower to be heard, also files much shorter than the one I used. Well I still got to figure out the matter of direction and sound volume.

The fact about scripting would be great but i'm such a noob when it comes down to scripting I would need a little help by community members to figure how this can be done.
But as I told forehand it's still work in progress and there are still lots of things to be figured out. I'll keep you updated on this. There were only a few responses from side of the community (maybe there's not so much interest in such kind of thing) so therefore I'm still quite unsure doing this soundpack or not.

Anyway thank you very much for your feedback I really appreciated this.

BTW your english is perfectly undertandable no confusion.

Have a nice day.
Hear you soon.
Regards
nettrucker :D :D
nettrucker
Private
Private

Beitragvon Sudden Death am Dienstag 8. Mai 2007, 14:07

The fact about scripting would be great but i'm such a noob when it comes down to scripting I would need a little help by community members to figure how this can be done.

You´ll get it if you need it.

I think you should make three to five combat sounds from less to heavy firefights and these files in three diffrent volumes (all in all 15 files).

Then there should be some single sound files with only a few weapons:
- only M4 or only AK74
- only MGs
- only some explosions
- etc.

these files could be mixed up by a random script oder can be singled used by a mapper.

S.
Sudden Death
ARMAMDB-Team
ARMAMDB-Team

Beitragvon nettrucker am Dienstag 8. Mai 2007, 14:15

Hi Sudden Death,

I'll make some new ones and I'll make also some distant sounds too. It's not very easy but I think that I can handle this. I'll do some with less fire power to hear and maybe even some single sounds. I'll come back when having some news regarding this matter in question.
Thanks for your precious feedback.
Hear you soon.
Regards
nettrucker :D
nettrucker
Private
Private

Re: Combat ambience sounds

Beitragvon nettrucker am Montag 22. Juni 2009, 11:48

Hi mnop860
I just received notice that someone replied to this topic, but it seemed that you posted this into the wrong topic. What has your post to do with OFP Arma I and II? I see your posting something about the World of warcraft therefore I suppose you just posted wrongly inside here.
Best regards
nettrucker :mrgreen:
nettrucker
Private
Private

Re: Combat ambience sounds

Beitragvon Sudden Death am Montag 22. Juni 2009, 15:29

SPAM deleted
Sudden Death
ARMAMDB-Team
ARMAMDB-Team